Nagel Farm Service, Inc.
Marketing Programs and Grain Policies
Grain may be sold at each of our locations using any of the following marketing alternatives:
- Cash (spot) Sale
- Forward Contract
- Basis Contract
- Delayed Pricing
- Minimum Price Contract
- Hedge-to-Arrive (Futures Only)
- Market Index
- Please make sure scale operator is notified at the time of delivery how you intend to sell the grain being delivered. If scale operator is not instructed, grain will be applied to open contracts first. If no contracts exist, then grain will be placed on temporary storage (ETD).
- The driver should review each scale ticket at the time of receipt and notify the scale operator immediately of any corrections that need to be made. Failure to immediately notify constitutes acceptance of terms according to scale ticket.
- Sales of unpriced grain deliveries or forward contracts will be accepted while CBOT is open and trading (between 10:30am and 2:15 pm ET).
- Before or after these hours, offers to sell grain may be placed with the elevator, however, there will be no guarantee or confirmation of pricing until market is trading.
- A purchase contract will be mailed to confirm each instance in which grain is sold for future delivery to one of our elevators. Failure to sign and return a copy to our office does not nullify the contract. Our office should be notified immediately of any discrepancy with the terms of the contract as outlined by the purchase confirmation.
- All contracts are subject to the National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA) Trade Rules.
- Storage and drying charges should be obtained from the location in which your grain will be delivered. Rates are subject to change without notice.